Australia Awards Scholarships are offered for the minimum period necessary to complete a chosen study program at an Australian university.
The following benefits apply to all recipients of Australia Awards:
- Full tuition fees
- Return air travel—payment of a single return, economy class airfare to and from Australia, via the most direct route
- Establishment Allowance—a once only payment towards accommodation expenses, text books, study materials
- Contribution to Living Expenses (CLE) – is a fortnightly contribution to basic living expenses paid at a rate determined by the department..
- Introductory Academic Program (IAP)—a compulsory 4-6 week program prior to the commencement of formal academic studies covering information on life and study in Australia
- Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) for the duration of the award (for award holder only)—provided to cover the student’s basic medical costs (with the exception of pre-existing conditions)
In addition, some awardees may be entitled to the following benefits, depending on their courses of study and other circumstances:
- Supplementary Academic Support to assist with academic success or enhance the academic experience
- Reunion airfare
- Disability support
- One return economy class airfare by the most direct route to Mongolia or within Australia for fieldwork for eligible research work.
For full details of scholarship benefits, read the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook.